Thursday, February 17, 2011

We just got two boxes of high end winter jackets!

My friend Dwight Grimm and his wife Leigh have been very supportive throughout. Dwight owns Five Foot Five Productions, a NY-based production company, and Leigh works in the fashion industry. We met on a job years ago, but lost contact, until I asked for help. They immediately responded. In October 2010 I traveled to UB with a huge bag of the finest, high-quality underwear for boys, courtesy of Joe Kielar of Knothe Apparel Group, of which I distributed half in the care center and while I gave Sara the rest, to ‘ration’ it off until my next visit.

This time, Leigh and Dwight approached a high end outwear apparel company - how perfect is that for the coldest capital of the world! The kids will be so happy to have a cool jacket, not just a practical one, which is what they normally get!

Apparently the boxes are huge – many thanks to the donors! – so huge I was worried that I couldn’t carry everything, but Dwight had the genius idea to use Space Bags, the vacuum-shrinking storage bags. I can’t wait to see the kid’s faces, when they get an thin piece of plastic that miraculously transforms into a hip jacket when allowed to breathe! ☺

1 comment: